Ranch Chicken with Potatoes & Green Beans

Ranch Chicken with Potatoes & Green beans, one dish meal from An Everyday Blessing

Do you love simple meals? You know, the meals with little prep and few dishes to clean up. Or how about meals that you don’t have to keep a close eye on?

If your answer is yes, then this meal is for you!

Sometime last year I found a recipe similar to this on Pinterest, except that it used Italian seasoning mix. The one I found was simply a picture with the ingredients and directions in the description, but it didn’t link back to any blog. Every time I made it I thought, “I wonder how this will taste with Ranch Seasoning?”

This past week I finally found out, and I ended up receiving rave reviews from my husband and son. What can I say! They are not always easy to please!! And I have to say, I like the ranch seasoning WAY better than the Italian seasoning.

This dish took all of 5 minutes to prep. The downside is that it bakes for an hour in the oven. The upside is that once it goes in the oven, you don’t have to think about it until the timer beeps. Another pro is that it only has 5 ingredients. It can’t get too much simpler than that.

Ranch Chicken with Potatoes & Green Beans

• 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 tblsp Ranch Seasoning mix (you may buy a seasoning packet or see below for recipe)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 6-8 red potatoes
  • 12 oz green beans (fresh or frozen)

1. Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and place into 1/3 of a 9×13 baking dish.
  2. Depending on size of chicken, you may want to slice them into smaller pieces. I had 2 large chicken breasts that were rather thick. So I sliced them in half down the middle to make them thinner (so much easier than pounding them out), then I cut them again in half to make two smaller pieces from each half. So each large breast makes four smaller pieces.  Place the chicken in the middle third of your baking dish.
  3. Fill up the remaining third of your baking dish with the green beans.
  4. Sprinkle entire dish evenly with Ranch Seasoning. Pour melted butter over all the food.
  5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Ranch Seasoning Mix

I use the recipe from Heavenly Homemakers

• 5 Tablespoons dried minced onions
  • 7 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • 4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix together and store in an air tight container.

(I link to these Blog Parties)

You May Also Enjoy:

Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli

Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli (Gluten Free)

from An Everyday Blessing

Secret to the Perfect Rice Krispie Treat

Secret to the Perfect Rice Krispie Treat

Apple Crumb Cake

Apple Crumb Cake

4-Ingredient Caesar Pasta Salad

4-ingredient Caesar Pasta Salad from An Everyday Blessing

Featured At:
Cornerstone Confessions

Sweet Silly Sara

Saving 4 Six

Facebookby feather

This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Ranch Chicken with Potatoes & Green Beans

1. I am always looking for quick and delicious recipes for busy weeknights. This recipe looks like just the thing!

2. Julie says:

Oh yummy! I’m on the lookout for recipes for my menu next week. This will be on it!

3. Shannon says:

Stopping by from the linkup! I love easy recipes, and the one dish makes it even better! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

4. This looks really good and pretty simple too! I have pinned it and will be adding it to our weekly menu soon!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

5. Val says:

This looks so simple and yummy! We are big chicken-lovers in this house, so will try it soon.
    Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    (saw you on Brag About It)

6. I love the simplicity of this recipe! Yum!

7. Bonnie says:

This sounds so yummy!! I’ll have to try it. 🙂

8. Miz Helen says:

Hi Christie,
    What a delicious meal, we will really enjoy this meal. Thank you so much for sharing this special recipe with Full Plate Thursday and have a fantastic week!
    Miz Helen

9. Betty Taylor says:

Looks like a fabulous meal! I pinned it to my Recipes Board. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Four Season Blog Hop.

10. Jacqui Odell says:

HI! I just wanted to stop by and say Thank You for linking up on Tell Me About It on Woman of Many Roles. I loved your recipe and will be featuring it as my favorite!

11. Heather says:

This sounds yummy! I found you at Tell Me about it Tuesday.

12. Pingback: Tell Me About It Tuesday 4/8 - Woman of Many Roles

13. momstheword says:

This looks really yummy so I went ahead and pinned it. I hope you don’t mind! 🙂 I am hoping to make it soon.

• Christie says:

Thank you so much for the pin! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

• momstheword says:

Thank you! We did. I have made this several times since I left my comment. My family LOVES it! I use canned green beans and russet potatoes since that’s all I ever seem to have on hand. I also used asparagus once, but my hubby likes it with green beans better.

14. Pingback: Tell Me About It Tuesday Linky Party

15. Toodie says:

What a perfect recipe for me! I drive an hour to and an hour from work and by the time I get home I don’t want to be standing at the stove forever. To put this together in a few minutes would be angelic! I don’t mind waiting the hour to cook; that allow me time to unwind. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

16. Pingback: Welcome to Think Tank Thursday #76 | Saving 4 Six

17. Carrie says:

I love one dish meals…they make clean-up a snap! Thanks for sharing this yummy one at Think Tank Thursday. Thanks for stopping by and linking back your feature!!

18. Danielle says:

Do you have to boil the potatoes first? Or just cut them and put them in?

19. Lori says:

Made this tonight I must my whole family loved it!! Thank you!!

20. Sue Nance says:

This will be a staple in our house from now on. It was quick to make and it smelled wonderful while cooking. Both myself and hubby loved it!! Thanks so much for sharing such a great recipe!

21. tracy says:

Loved it!!! I only made enough for two people which was not smart cause itvwascso good we wanted more so I made it again the next night. Thanks for this quick and delish recipe!

22. Deb Kielman says:

Just wanted to know, when I read your recipe, I was looking for something new. I actually had everything needed (well I didn’t have fresh green beans but I used zucchini & squash and Anaheim chilis as a substitute) and I got up and put it together right then. It was WONDERFUL. Delicious, easy, & healthy!! thanks!!

23. Pingback: 45 Recipes For the Potato Lover in You! - Survival Mom

24. Kendra says:

Just tried this recipe tonight and it was a great success with my family. Usually, I have to keep telling my daughter to eat her veggies but she ate all her green beans and wanted more 🙂

25. Brittney says:

26. Pingback: 15 Delicious One Dish Recipes You’re Going to LOVE | How Does She

27. Pingback: What’s For Dinner | Heather's Dish

28. Pingback: Ranch Chicken - Amazingly Delicious Recipes

29. Pingback: Ranch Chicken with Veggies | Craft.Cook.Create

30. Alysha says:

i made this last week and it was delicious! Hubby has already requested it again. He rarely requests a meal by name, so that’s saying something! Making it tonight.

31. Monica says:

I baked it for an hour at 350 but it still wasnt fully cooked. Anyone else had this problem? I had to turn up the heat in my oven and cook it longer.

32. Donna says:

Wonder if this could be adapted to a crock pot?

33. Jessica S. says:

I’ve been looking for new recipe’s for my family and this was a hit! Super easy and everyone liked it! Score! One happy momma here!

34. Iva says:

Hi, do you drain the fluid from the green beans? I am so looking forward to making this recipe.

35. Paula says:

I used canned green beans and 2 packages of Ranch Dressing. I cooked it an extra 25 minutes And it was perfect! This is our new favorite!

36. jennifer says:

I only used ranch packet on chicken, switched out green beans for yellow squash and butter for olive oil. Also used fresh rosemary and oregano from my herb garden on the entire dish. Baking now and gotta say it smells delish!!! Thanks for the great recipe idea!!!

37. Margaret says:

Has anyone tried this in the crockpot? Curious how it turned out and how long you let it cook.

38. Caitlyn says:

I have made a variation of this with italian dressing in place of the ranch, I felt it was a little dry so some tweaking needed, but otherwise delish! (made it this evening)

39. Pingback: Every Pinterest Recipe I Tried In The Month Of October | Plum And Proper

40. Sophie says:

amazing! the trick i found is to crank the heat and let the sauce thicken. while this is going on, i steam broccoli, snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, and bell pepper in my rice cooker. Combine the vegetables with the chicken for a minute to mix all the flavors and serve over rice. a staple in my household.

41. Amanda says:

Do you think this could be turned into a freezer meal?

• Christie says:

Potatoes don’t freeze well! This recipe takes barely any time to put together though. For me, it’s always a great “go-to” when I need a full meal and don’t have much time to prep or stand over a stove.

42. Skyler says:

This did not cook through in one hour and I only used 1.5 lbs. chx breast. Needs at least an extra 30 min.

43. Erin says:

I have made this about 5 times now and it is so delicious! I use chicken legs instead of breasts.

44. Adri says:

found this today and it is cooking in the oven 🙂 can’t wait to eat it 😀 thanks for sharing 🙂

45. Rayshawn says:

Any healthier suggestions to substitute the potatoes for that would work?