Raspberry Chicken

Raspberry Chicken

Raspberry Chicken. A family favorite recipe that some how I forget how good it is until I make it again.

I’ll never forget the first time I made it. It was before I was married, my parents were out of town, and it was up to me to prepare meals for my youngest brother and one of my sisters. When my brother heard I would be making “Raspberry Chicken” for dinner, he complained and whined about it. Who puts a fruit on chicken? He thought it would be awful.

Then he took one bite of it and he declared it to be “the best chicken ever!”

Today it is the dish I make when my brother comes over for dinner. It is my go-to recipe for a romantic dinner at home and often on the menu for Valentine’s Day.

image

The last time I made it, my son kept asking for more…which is huge because he doesn’t always like chicken.

Gavin eating

It was so good, my little guy was licking his plate when he finished.

So try it. This just might be your new favorite dish too.

Raspberry Chicken

Marinade

• 1 cup raspberry vinaigrette
  • 1 tblsp minced garlic
  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (roughly two large or 4 small)

Sauce

• 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
  • 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder

Directions:

1. If you have two large chicken breasts (roughly a pound each), cut them each lengthwise in half so you have four pieces of chicken.
  2. Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Pour in vinaigrette and minced garlic. Seal bag and turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  3. In a bowl, combine the jam, lime juice, soy sauce and vinaigrette and garlic powder. Mix until blended. Set aside.
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  5. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Brush chicken with raspberry sauce and serve.

You may click here to see a list of Blog Parties I link to!

More the Merrier Monday

Facebookby feather

This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Raspberry Chicken

1. Heather says:

MMM! This looks delish! I’m always looking for recipes to make my loves. New follower from MMBH

2. Jennie says:

This looks so yummy! And if you can get your little on to eat it I wil have to try it out! My son is so picky!!
    I am doing a giveaway today and would love for you to check it out!

3. Kat Ryan says:

WOW this looks amazing!!! I love pairing meat with fruit. Apricot Pork Chops is my favorite. Cant wait to try this

4. Amanda Smith says:

I am a raspberry Vinaigrette Fanatic! I make mine from scratch. This sound sooooo good! I can’t wait to try it.

5. Mika says:

Looks is so delicious.Baby can’t help himself, must taste very good.

Coming from Down Home Blog Hop! Come-by my blog.

6. Looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it…putting it on this months menu! Thanks:-)

7. Becca says:

Very interesting! I have never heard of raspberry chicken before. But if the little guy is any sign of how good it is, it must be quite tasty! Thanks for sharing at the Healthy Tuesday hop. 🙂

8. Ali says:

Yum that looks great! I love fruit with savory dishes. That last pic is too cute 🙂 Dropping by from the Wonderful Wed. Blog Hop. Have a great rest of the week!

9. I love this as a Valentine’s Day meal! So much more fun when everything is pink– not just dessert!

10. This looks so delicious! I love meat cooked with fruit–there’s such a great thing about that combination. Pinning this and hoping to try it out soon!

11. Melissa says:

I’m officially intrigued! Must try this

12. When I worked at a hospital we would make raspberry chicken for the patients once a week. It was a big hit. Everyone seemed to like it but I had a hard time even trying it. I never was brace enough.

• Christie says:

I have a cousin who won’t eat it because chicken can be pink in the middle. The good thing about this recipe is the sauce is put on after, so you can tell if the chicken is cooked!

13. This sounds great, cant wait to give this a try. Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat!

14. Tirabaralla says:

Sounds delish! I never heard of raspberry vinaigrette here in Ireland or in Italy, where I come from…do you have any idea what I could substitute it with for the marinade?

15. Oh YUM! I have to try this. I’m bookmarking this page under my Recipes tab. Thanks for sharing.

16. I’ll have to try this! I’d love it if you’d share this at my link party, going on now! http://www.accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2014/02/accidentally-wonderful-wednsday-4.html

17. I have never seen pretty looking chicken! If a little one licks the plate clean, that is sign enough to me that it’s delicious!

18. G’day and YUM!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Viewed as part of the Foodie Friends Friday Valentine’s Day Party!
    Cheers! Joanne

19. Jann Olson says:

Yum! I love anything raspberry. This sounds scrumptious! I will be making it this week. Pinned. thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

20. I am going to have to try this..Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday Valentine’s Party and I hope that you will join us this week for our Snack Foods theme party.

21. Betty Taylor says:

I don’t think I’ve ever had raspberry chicken. It looks good. Thanks for sharing with us at the Four Seasons Blog Hop. I am pinning this!!

22. Nicolette says:

This looks so good. I would have never thought to mix raspberry and soy sauce. I’ll be trying this soon. Thanks for sharing with the Mixer last week. Hope to see you again on Thursday.

23. Sara says:

I don’t blame the little one for trying to get every last bite! This recipe looks and sounds delightful!

I would love to have you hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday!

24. Pingback: What To Do With Leftover Soy Sauce Packets |

25. Miz Helen says:

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured at Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

26. Pingback: Meat & Cheese Stuffed Shells |

27. Natalie says:

Wow, very different, but I am sure it works! Chocolate on meat works too so why not raspberries?!
    Thanks for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays Linky Party this month.
    I look forward to seeing you again in the next month’s linky.
    x