A couple years ago I tried a Gluten-Free diet for about 6 months. I had no problem going without bread or pasta (although I do love them!), but I did struggle with desserts. I love to bake, especially in the middle of the winter months. And while I don’t eat a lot of them, I love sweets.
I searched and searched for recipes, trying to find gluten-free baked treats that had “normal” ingredients in it. Out of that search came this recipe!
These brownies are to die for! Whether you are on a gluten-free diet or not, you will love these. I love undercooking them just a bit so they are a bit gooeyer. This bit of chocolaty goodness is a must serve with a glass of milk!
Fudgy Gluten-Free Brownies
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In saucepan, melt butter and add cocoa powder. Whisk. Turn off the burner.
- Mix in the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to butter/cocoa mixture.
- Add the corn starch and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. (You don’t want to cook them too long as they will dry out and be a bit hard!)
- Let brownies cool a little and set before serving.